Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm going to call this the first post of summer...

Just because I got stung by a bee. I know that sounds like something that happens to five-year-olds, but it hurt. I've learned 3 things from today's trauma. 

#1. Do not walk around barefoot through clover. It looks great on paper, but clovers in bloom attract a lot of honey bees. 

#2. Do not pull out the stinger with your fingers. There is a little bulb of venom that usually detaches with the stinger, and when you grab it to pull it out, it sends more venom into your middle toe. Or into wherever you got stung. 

#3. When walking barefoot through clover, do not take a picture and say out loud to yourself  "What a great start to the summer." One of the many traits bees have that most people don't know about is that they love causing ironic situations. 

Now don't worry everybody, I'm okay. I don't need a casserole or anything, but thank you for the thought. Oh, and this is the picture. Really, it was about two seconds before I got stung. 












And this video/song always reminds me of summer. 










1 comment:

  1. #1 Did you forget what your mom told you?
    #2 Doctor's say to flick it.
    #3 True.
    #4 Have a great Summer!

    ReplyDelete